Thursday, May 19, 2011

50 things to do before I die

1) fly an airplane

2) act in another movie (my first movie was a Chinese movie and I only said two lines... in Chinese)
3) give a water buffalo away to a family in South East Asia
4) make 100 free throws in a row (best to date-86 consecutive free throws)
5) go skydiving
6) learn to speak Korean fluently
7) learn to speak Spanish fluently
pretty exciting marathon- on the Great Wall!
8) run a marathon
9) become an effective humanitarian
10) attend NCAA March Madness live
11) meet John Stockton-- hopefully take pictures with him and get his autograph
12) scuba dive in the Galapagos Islands
13) take Alina on a cruise
14) see the pyramids in Egypt
15) start and manage successful businesses
16) write and publish a book about language aquisition
17) sell at least 100,000 copies of at least one of my books
hopefully this book, but 100,000 sales of any book will be great!

18) bowl a 200 or higher
19) go on an African safari

20) genuinely surprise my wife at least once per year
21) run a successful basketball camp
22) see Le Miserable
23) go to Alina's graduation ceremony in America
24) donate money to BYU-Idaho
25) watch hot lava flow from an island volcano directly into the ocean at night
26) catch a 50 pound fish
27) hike to Machu Picchu
28) play basketball with an NBA player
29) shower in a waterfall
La Tomatina festival in Spain
30) participate in the La Tomatina festival
31) Take Alina to Hawaii, Alaska, and New York City
32) go hang gliding
33) take my family back to China (already hosted Alina's family in America for 3 months)
34) perform in front of at least 10,000 people live
35) have my own greenhouse
36) gaze off the top of the statue of liberty
37) spend the night in a snow cave that I build
38) skinny dip in the Ocean
39) learn to throw a boomerang
Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights
40) see the Northern Lights
41) be interviewed on TV in America (already been interviewed on TV in Romania and China)
42) learn sign language
43) organize my own "amazing race"
Mount Fuji during Cherry Blossom season
44) capture a photograph and sell it for at least $500
45) pay cash for our dream home
46) be paid to review travel destinations
47) dive in a submarine
48) spend a week with Alina in Bora Bora
49) visit Mecca
50) watch cherry blossoms in Japan

7 comments:

  1. this is my fourth list. I wrote my first one when I was 17, when I accomplish about 25-30 of the things on the old list I write a new one. If there are still things left over that I still want to accomplish, I move them over to the new list, if the old items are no longer interesting to me, I don't transfer them to the new list. I still have several things from the very first list that I have not yet done, these include fly an airplane, speak Spanish, run a marathon, see the pyramids in Egypt, see Le Miserable, and go skydiving.
    I love these lists, they are just playful enough that you don't have to be "attached" or desperate to complete anything, but they represent your intention to live an empowered life. If anyone has a fun idea on their list please feel free to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me, Steve. :) Thank you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to do skydiving - want to set a date for this Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great list!
    wanna run the Logan marathon with me in September? (Sept 17). If you begin training now, you'll have time to get ready! Tomorrow's "long run" is only 8 miles. I'll send you my training schedule if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested. I've been inactive for about three weeks because I felt like I was starting to get shin splints in both legs. I think I'm about ready to be active again. Send up the training schedule! (of course Sept. 17th will be right after Alina and I return from our Alaskan cruise... but I think that will be okay) Is this going to be your first full marathon?

    ReplyDelete