Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Your Superpowers" is off the press! (kindof)

My first book, "Your Superpowers"

So it's still missing the the subtitle (needs one), I only printed it as a paperback book (will be a hardback when the final copy is printed), has no ISBN number (needs one), and there are still a few things that need to be corrected, but it is REALLY exciting to have a physical copy of Your Superpowers.  It cost a lot less than I anticipated to print 25 copies of the book, and I just picked up the first copies on Thursday.  Friday I attended a "Freedom Fast Track" seminar hosted by Garrett Gunderson (author of Killing Sacred Cows) where I was able to meet a book agent who has been able to put 68 consecutive authors on a best-sellers list.   More on that later.
Last night I was able to present the book to my nephew, Joseph, for whom the book was written.
Joseph interpreting one of the illustrations
Becka and Sarah joining in the fun

reading the back cover
Joseph and his book

It was a fantastic experience and I look forward to getting this book out to millions of other teenagers and pre-teens.
I realize that this is just the beginning, there is much to do, but it is the beginning of something special.

1 comment:

  1. That is great. It is weird to see the book printed after seeing it in computer form for so long. It is very exciting. Can't wait to get my own copy.

    ReplyDelete