Wednesday, June 1, 2011

my new website

I have been working with a web designer/programmer to build the website I will use to launch my book, Your Superpowers.  The designer has given me several mocks, and I have had the most difficult time choosing exactly what I want.  I think it is because I have been working with it for so long, I no longer have fresh eyes to see clearly what the best design is.
So I'm coming to you for help.  Here I have all of the mocks that she has done for me, and I'd like any and all feedback you might have.  Many people have told me that they cannot leave comments on this blog (working on switching to another website that will make it easier to leave comments) and so if you can't leave comments please email me at kongshantai@hotmail.com or leave your comments on my facebook page.  Thank you so much!
Mock 1
Mock 2
Mock 3
Mock 4
Mock 5
Mock 6
Mock 7
Mock 8
Mock 9 
Mock 10 
Mock 11
Mock 12


Any comments, anything at all will be useful for me at this point.  Please share what you like, don't like, or indifferent about.
Thank you so much!

5 comments:

  1. Mock 2, 7, 10, 12. Are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like #9. I like the design, and the way it's organized makes it easy to follow and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts:

    None of them are perfect. Mock 12 comes the closest, but lacks the slogan "Your true superpowers," which I think is a nice marketing touch. Mock 2 and Mock 7 are my 2nd and 3rd picks.

    (Mock 9 has the most complementary colors but for some reason doesn't have key elements of site design like a navigational menu.)

    Variants with bolder gradient colors (like Mock 8) are my least favorite — the colors are too overpowering and detract from your book's artwork. Most of these templates have issues with font readability and color balance.

    ReplyDelete